Sunday, August 17, 2014

Aug 11

Yep. I'm going back to being a District Leader and training a brand new missionary. I'm being transferred again, which means that I'll be whitewashing AGAIN into a brand new area. For like, the fourth time. Super great.


Well, this week we started teaching another nine year old that will be baptized on August 30. I won't be around for that obviously, but she's pretty cool and knows she wants to be baptized. Her mom is a non-member and her dad is a returning member so it should be really good for their family. They have super solid fellowship whose home we teach them in. That didn't really make sense grammatically, but you get the picture.

Speaking of pictures... I made the worst mistake of my life last week. Attached to this email you'll be a picture of a burrito. But not just any burrito, it's a breakfast burrito. BUT not just any breakfast burrito... it's a breakfast burrito literally the length of my elbow to fingertip. Literally, this burrito is a cubit long. It's probably the equivalent of like... 3 Cafe Rio burritos. I got about halfway before I was full. 3/4 of the way my gag reflex started to kick in. I couldn't quit, I had to finish! I have never pushed the bounds of discomfort so much in my life, but I blew past the wall. I kept going, nibble by nibble. Bite by bite, gag by gag. I finished. I may have finished last, but I finished and that's all that matters. I think I deserve a gold star on my Man-Card. Literally have never eaten so much in my life. Good news is, I didn't throw up either, but I still had to bike around in the heat afterwards. Worth it? Totally not. Am I glad I did? No. Would I do it again? Probably.

More fun things, we went golfing again this week. I did a lot better than I did last week, but I'm still a terrible golfer. It was fun though, and very relieving!

Really not a whole lot more going on in my life. It's seriously been the most insane transfer of probably anyone's mission, but a good one. I haven't even mentioned a "hundredth part" as the Book of Mormon would say, but I supposed this transfer will make a good story later on. I'll let you know where I'm transferred to, my greenie's name, etc. etc. Wish me luck.

-Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment