Sunday, April 13, 2014

Conference was good! I'm not being transferred, neither is my companion! Woot! As far as Conference goes, one of the talks that really stood out to me was Elder Ballard's talk about missionary work! (Go figure). I'm thrilled for his invitation for members of the church to study Preach My Gospel. How awesome would it be to have members already know the content of the lessons before we even invite them to help us teach. We would hardly even have to prepare them! We would just tell them what lesson we're going to teach and what we're going to ask the investigator to do by the end of the lesson. They bear powerful testimony, become their friend, and BAM. BAPTISMS! He said something about family members emailing their missionaries about what they learned in Preach My Gospel. I think that would be pretty neat! The other talk I liked was about family history and such. I forgot who gave the talk, but it was a good one! I have wanted to do family history and temple work ever since coming out on the mission. I don't know why, but I guess the Spirit of Elijah is burning within me. I only hope that it can remain with me after I get home so I can consistently do it. Anyway, during the talk I remember thinking how awesome it is to be able to go to the Temple and have the work done for our ancestors! Super awesome! So we went by a Former Investigator family this week. I don't know why we went, but we put them in our plans and went by. It was a family and Elder Wilcox and I had visited several times and they always just kind-of blew us off. We went by again and knocked on the door and they weren't home. Cool story huh? Just kidding! So we're looking at our plans in front of their house wondering what to do next, because most of our "backup plans" had been exhausted and we weren't sure where to go next. As we were contemplating and praying about where to go, lo and behold the family pulls into the driveway! We talked to Sister Melendez (the mom) and she asked us why we stopped coming by. I reminded her that she told us that she'd give us a call, and then she never did. We were talking and she told us that her son is going through a rebellious stage right now. They were praying for guidance on what to do and how to help their son and they thought of "the Mormons". God, being who He is, helped us be an answer to their prayer. It's such a great feeling! To make a long story short, we've taught them several lessons and they're progressing towards a date for baptism! WOO! Our investigator Mark is still doing really well. We haven't been able to set a date for baptism yet because his fiance doesn't want us to pressure him into it. I guess I can understand that. He's still doing really well and reading and they're even having FHE every week! How legit is that?! He's pretty legit. Welp, that's all the news for this week. Thomas S. Monson is the prophet! Fact. I sustain him. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to listen to his counsel as well as that of our other church leadership. The keys of the Priesthood were, in fact, restored to the prophet Joseph Smith. I know this! Therefore, the church is true! Hope y'all have a great week! -Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment