Monday, April 14, 2014

This week has been a bit of a slower one, but it was still awesome! We went to an Indian "Five Tribes Treaty Celebration" thing and that was cool. I completely forgot about what the history behind it was, but one of the Native American members invited us to go so we went! We were introduce to a bunch of people and even saw some of our investigators and less-active members there, so it was really good! Not only that, but we got free snowcones and frybread. Frybread is the stuff you have Navajo tacos on. Suuuuper good. I'm definitely going to learn how to make some dang good Navajo tacos! I had a pretty good experience last night. We went to visit one of our investigators and she said she was busy, come back tomorrow. The end! No just kidding! We talked to her and she said to come back tomorrow, but there was a guy leaning on a car in the driveway of the house next to our investigator. At first I didn't really think anything of it and I just opened the car door and tossed my backpack inside. Before I even closed the car door, I felt the Spirit chew me out a little bit. He basically told me, "What the heck are you doing? That guy OBVIOUSLY needs the gospel!" It's not super often that the Spirit will "yell" at you, so to speak. But, I ignored the prompting and went and got ice cream. Kidding, once again. So we talk to the guy and he told us that his wife had passed away in December, and he was still having a really rough time with it. Apparently he had met with missionaries previously in California as well. Obviously, we shared with him the doctrine of eternal families, and cheered him up and set up an appointment. Not only was this a good experience for me in following a prompting of the Spirit, but it also really put in perspective how awesome the Plan of Salvation is. The simple fact that we're going to be together forever as a family is just awesome. I'm super grateful to have that knowledge that we'll all be together "hangin out" on the other side. Other than that, like I say, it was sort of a slow week. We had 14 lessons cancel on us this week, but of course nothing gets ol' Elder Cox down! This week is going to be super awesome, and the Lord will provide! Hope y'all have a great week! Love you! -Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment