Monday, May 26, 2014

It's that time again. God still has a sense of humor, because apparently he thinks that I want to be a Zone Leader. He's wrong, but I'll do my best anyway! I'm finally leaving Phoenix zone after about 9 months of being here. It's been super awesome and I've made tons of missionary friends, met a lot of new people and I'm sad to leave this stake. At the same time, I'm ready for a change of scenery and another challenge. Should be fun! I'll let you know my address and stuff by next week.

Crazy to hear about the baby twins! Congratulations Liz! They look sssooooo cute! Just think, they'll be walking around and such by the time I get to meet them. Craazy! Super happy for you!!

In other news, I saw Brian on of my former investigators the other day at Stake Conference. It was awesome to see that guy. Honestly, I've never seen such a powerful testimony of the change that can be brought through the Atonement. Brian was a completely different person than when I was teaching him. It was so sweet to see a smile on his face and that he was surrounded by people that care about him. I love seeing the progress of people. Such a sweet moment! The Atonement really isn't a joke. It's real life stuff. It actually happened. I see it!

We've got a couple kids getting baptized this weekend. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the baptism due to transfers. Still really cool that they're finally able to be baptized. They're one of those that's just ssooo ready and they've been taking lessons from so many missionaries and now they're finally being baptized. Super good!

Other than that, the biggest news is that I'm leaving. We're having a couple family home evenings today, one with a part-member family and the other with the Price's and the Indian children as usual. I'm really going to miss this area, but like I say. God probably knows what he's doing. Good to hear everyone's doing well! The Gospel is true! The Atonement is real! The Book of Mormon is true! Love y'all! -Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment