Monday, May 12, 2014

April 28 So funny story. We were out with one of our ward missionaries, brother Lines. I asked brother Lines what his favorite kind of music was, etc. etc. We got to talking and it turns out that brother Lines used to be a bass player. Naturally, I asked if he had a bass, and he does. He told me that he has a Fender P-bass, and described it as kind of a cream white with a white pickguard. I told him about my bass and started geeking out about bass stuff and he said "wow, you're really into this stuff aren't you?" "Uh, yeah. I don't play around when it comes to bass." He said something like "well, you can have my bass if you want!" "Absolutely not, I can't take that thing away from you!" He encouraged me by telling me that it's been stored in his closet for over 10 years, and he hasn't even taken it out of its case in that long. I continued to resist, but he ended up driving us over to his house. He brings the bass out and his 14-year-old daughter said that she had never even known that it existed. Long story short, he twisted my arm into taking his Fender P-bass. I very quickly remembered that Taylor had a bass fairly similar to it that was stolen. So Taylor, in like 16 months I got a bass you can have! It's not quite the same as yours though... It was made in Korea and it actually says "Squire" on it in fine print, so it's not quite the real deal. In any case, I have a bass for ya. It's all yours. Do you still play my bass? I hope you do. Someone has to :'( Other than that craziness, this week has been pretty routine! Such as it is with missionary life, there's not a whole lot of variety in the day-to-day work. The only real difference is the people you meet. And... when people give you basses. I'm loving the people here though. The people that we are teaching are super awesome and I love 'em. We're still trying to work with our ward members better to be able to find God's children that are ready to hear the gospel. It's a work in progress, but there really is a lot of potential here, so I'm excited to see it grow! Other than that, I really wish I could do family history work. I guess the Spirit of Elijah is just giving me a super hard time or something. In any case, keep doing family history work! It's super important! That's all I got for ya this week. Love y'all! Choose the right! Baptize 'err buddy! -Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment