Monday, July 6, 2015

So yeah, the 4th of July we went to our WML house in one of the wards and he was lighting off some pretty fun fireworks.  I'm very surprised he didn't end up burning down his neighbors' yard or house, because the wind would take all the ashes and fireworks and junk into his neighbors' yards.  It was good though!  Other than that, we didn't have any success that day because everyone was gone.
No news about the family or Chris.  We stopped by to see Chris a few times but we haven't caught him.  The dad of the family came to like... the last ten minutes of church.  We're like "what the heck man?"  Needless to say, they won't get baptized before this transfer is over.  I'm pretty much banking on moving again as well so odds aren't great that we'll baptize them before we leave.  That's the nature of the work though.
In church we had someone bear their testimony about Kolob.  That was sweeet.  The one time we have like 2 investigators at church and a less-active come all on the same day.  Kolob.
But the good news, Christian came to church!  He only stayed for Sacrament, but he came without his family even, so that was a big step for him in the right direction.  He seems pretty sincere and it's only a matter of time.  He and his girlfriend need to get married first, which will probably take a while, slowly but surely.
The other dude is someone we haven't even taught yet because he's been out of town.  We'll see if we can come by this week.
I think it's actually been cooler here than in Idaho and Utah, according to a report from one of our members.  Apparently it got up to 108 in Idaho, and the past couple days have only been a cool 100.  I was in a members house and I happened upon their thermostat and it said 80 degrees.  I wondered to myself how I ever could get to a point where I'm absolutely comfortable in an 80 degree room.  I'm going to freeze just in our HOUSE.
Not much else to report.  The church is still true and I'm still a missionary.  Two things that will both be true for eternity... right?
Love y'all-Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment